Fermentech Labs is a solid-state fermentation venture that produces industrial enzymes of commercial interest (SSF). In the absence of free water, SSF is characterised as the growth of microorganisms, especially fungi, on a moist solid substrate. For this, we use a novel SSF bioreactor that operates in strict asep with a high substrate (agro/fruit-waste) loading rate (59.2 percent, v/v) in strict aseptic environment.It also allows for real-time monitoring of cell biomass and bed temperature. Pectinase, cellulases, xylanase, phytase, and amylase are the five enzymes that the company currently produces. By 2025, the enzyme market is expected to hit $14.7 billion, with applications ranging from fruit juice clarification to wine clarification (pectinase, amylase and cellulase),textile processing (amylase and cellulase), biofuel production (cellulase), pharmaceuticals (amylase), animal feed supplementation (xylanase, phytase, amylase), pulp and paper processing (xylanase), and so on. Fermentech is now working on establishing the technology on a pilot scale after completing lab trials in a 15-kg SSF Bioreactor. Work on a 150-kg bioreactor has already begun for this purpose.
- Awarded Biotechnology Ignition Grant (DBT, Govt. of India) for development of a thermos-tolerant and acid stable phytase in novel SSF bioreactor.
- Awarded EngSUI seed grant (EIL, Govt. of India) for treatment of solid waste and development of cellulases using solid—state fermentation technology.
- Awarded seed funding support under the BIRAC seed fund through a-IDEA (Technology incubator of ICAR-NAARM).
- Awarded funding support under the TIDE 2.0 scheme of Meity for development of automation and control in the SSF bioreactor and enzyme validation.
- Awarded First prize in Business Plan Competition during the Industry-Academia meet held in Biotechnology department, IIT Roorkee in March 2017.
- Awarded First prize in IITRHF Business Plan competition, held at TIDES Business Incubator, IIT Roorkee.
- Awarded First prize in the BRIC Idea exposition organised by IKP Knowledge Park in partnership with BIRAC and IIT Roorkee in Nov’19.
- Represented the Indian delegation consisting of 28 start-ups at the ‘Slush’, world’s largest investor-startup platform at Helsinki, Finland from 4-5th December, 2018.
- Selected for product launch at Global Bio India by Hon’ble secretary DBT, Dr. Renu Swaroop, 21-23 Nov, 2019, Aerocity, New Delhi.
- A first-generation entrepreneur having media coverage in Skill Outlook, Better India, Hans India, Times of India, Economics Times.
- Two-time personal one-on-one interaction with the Hon’ble Prime minister Mr. Narendra Modi at start-up event and Uttarakhand investor summit at Dehradun.
Founder's Name : Dr. Sidharth Arora
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org